Sunday, September 11, 2005

Pressing On...

At church today I read to the children from Pilgrim's Progress and the children colored a great picture I found online. The site has five pictures which go along with Pilgrim's Progress. The part of the story which impressed upon my heart was when Christian asked Discretion what armor he was to use to protect his back. He responded sheepishly when it was pointed out to him that he had no need to protect his back, unless he was turning back to death and destruction.

This is so key for the Christian! To keep going forward always and not even think of turning back. We might slip back a little sometimes, but the consequences are dire if we turn our back on God and place ourselves at the mercy of principalities and powers. We must not turn back, lest we become a pillar of salt. We must always be reaching forward, looking forward to heaven and aligning ourselves more and more with His glorious will.


"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Phil 3:13-14

Today we gathered with friends for a quick dinner at our place before heading over to the beach for an afternoon of swimming. Benjamin located and inflated my inner-tube and it was great fun for all to float about in it! I adored my time in the water, watching little ones float and jump; watching big ones build wonderful pools for little ones; conversing with friends. But as a result I am overtired and ready for bed. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment