Sunday, September 18, 2005

Pregnancy Update

I had my 12 week check-up Tuesday. I was in and out in a flash, for they found the baby's heart beat instantly, and I had no questions :-) I felt blessed that I was over the 12-week hump and less likely to miscarry. However, God still had a trial in store for me.

Saturday morning, I was standing at the island partaking of the delicious omelet that my wonderful husband prepared for me. I was very surprized to discover that I was beginning to show signs of a threatened miscarriage. The bleeding continued throughout the morning, and it was Nathan's wish that I go in to the emergency room to have things checked out. An ultrasound revealed a healthy, active baby, whom I fell in love with when I saw him doing the baby "wiggle" :-). The exam showed a slight dilation which the doctor thought may be the cause of the bleeding. An incompetent cervix could be the cause for the bleeding, which is not accompanied by any cramping at all. The doctor prescribed strict bedrest and a visit to my doctor on Monday.

So here I lay on the couch, content in the knowledge that His will is my strong desire. And my children and husband wait on me hand and foot. I suppose there are hidden blessings within any trial :-).

3 comments:

  1. Dani, I am relieved to know that everything is going well for the moment. Let me know if you need anything, I do still have a bit of vacation time I can use. Is it possible that your bleeding had something to do with the cold and "goopy eye" from a few days ago? Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle, We all have been praying also, and trust everything is ok. There is nothing wrong with you taking some rest. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, as Patty has already said, we are praying for you, and I might add for everyone living under your roof. Not to repeat Patty, but you do need to rest. Love Aunt P.

    ReplyDelete