Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wisdom

My three year old daughter has a keen sense of justice and will normally respond in a very fair manner. However, being three has a way of limiting perspective ;-), and when I learned from my 7-year old son that she was wildly swinging the wooden snake around, I went downstairs to survey the war scene. The injured 5-year old sister had wrapped a blanket around her neck and sat wimpering; the perpetrator had hidden herself behind the couch. It was relatively easy to determine what had happened with 2 extremely verbal witnesses, and to discipline and reconcile, but this is not always the case.

Sometimes it is very difficult to determine exactly how to deal with a given situation...I stand in awe of King Solomon's great wisdom and other judges who must weigh the information and make a right judgment. I think of the baby who was almost cut in half by the judgment of a man who knew how to find out the truth. And I tremble at my responsibility.

I want to have the wisdom to make the right decisions as I deal with my children. I want them to see the truth. I pray for them every night that God would give them each a revelation of Jesus Christ. And I pray for wisdom. Wisdom to make good decisions. Wisdom to do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God.

Lord, help me to persevere in my quest for truth. Give me real wisdom to see the root problem and deal with it instead of the symptoms.

1 comment:

  1. in all thy ways aknowledge him, and he will direct your paths! you do a great job with the kids. They are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete