Thursday, May 19, 2005

Whom have I in Heaven but You...

I often sing these strengthening words from Psalm 73. Right now my Dad is in the ICU and many other family members are struggling with health issues, and it reminds me of how frail we really are. These temporary dwellings called bodies are not eternal, and when they begin to show signs of wear, we all need a little strengthening!

Asaph, the writer of this beautiful Psalm, was a Levite and a leader in King David's choir. I love to imagine him serving God in the temple and worshipping the Lord with all of his heart. As a Levite, God was truly his "portion forever". And He is mine also, in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 73:25-26
25Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. 26My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your paragraph Danielle. True tis true.

    ReplyDelete