Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Journeys Around the Sun...

Today, my dear husband Nathan joins me in the land of 35 rotations.  The way I see it, he is now half-way done, so to speak, in the oven of life.  Of course, if you add our years together we are already complete.  That is, numerically, if the number 70 means anything at all! (Biblically, 7 is the number of completeness and 10 (according to this source) means the completeness of order).  Anyway, 35 times around the sun means nothing at all if you do not have the Son.  For "in him was life; and the life was the light of men" (John 1:4).

I am so thankful that I have a husband who desires to serve the Lord, and to be a good husband and father.  Recently, I wrote him a note and put it in his lunch.  Here is an excerpt...It really captures my appreciation for him :-).


"Shiny!" I say as I peer through the window of life's glass, at the soul of my beloved.

He wipes dishes,
scratches itches,
moves at the wishes - of his dear ones....


This exhortation from Philippians 2 often reminds me of him..."Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others."  Truly I am blessed to be able to say such things!  Thank You Lord.

Humorous Anecdote:  I often pull multiples out of birthday years (or special meanings, such as when we turned 33).  Once I was doing this for my mother-in-law, as she was turning 51.  She looked at her husband with a raised eyebrow and said "I'm three 17-year-olds!"


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, first of all! What a blessed man! :) Love the note you gave him - you are so clever!
    (I spilled a little of my hot tea from laughing at what your mother-in-law said!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby's and my age together makes us 73. hmm, let's see here... Add 7 and 3 and you get 10. Add 1 and 0 and get 1. There is one God who is triune (3 from 73), and the number of God and spiritual completion is 7 (the 7 in 73).

    Although I'm not too good in math (I will be changing that) I LOVE numbers. :-P

    ReplyDelete