Thursday, September 8, 2005

What A Day!

I am tired tonight. We went to the store today, and school consisted merely of math worksheets and coloring while Mommy made a new menu and researched some potentially harmful substances. I was curious as to whether hot dogs were really that bad for you. If so, I wanted eliminate them from our diet. I found a cool article which made the decision a no-brainer (ever heard of sodium nitrite?), and now we have some empty spots on our menu. I could use a few good, easy, healthy recipes about now. I wonder if they would fit in a comment? hint-hint :-)

Anyway, I had a real hankering for ham and bean soup and I thought surely I could find a healthy ham in the store. But every single ham in Walmart has sodium nitrite. I suppose the alternative would be very unappealing hams, but I'm sure I wouldn't mind in my soup.

Tomorrow morning I make bread, and win back my son's heart. Boy could I use some prayer right now.

Lord give me wisdom!


1 comment:

  1. I found a good fish recipe today. 1 1/2 pounds whitefish
    3 tbsp lemon juice (I juiced a lemon)
    3 tbsp Dijon mustard
    3 tbsp honey

    Mix everything but fish in a bowl, drizzle sauce over fish, put in broiler for 5 minutes. Turn fish, drizzle the rest of the sauce, and broil for 5 minutes. Done!

    ReplyDelete